INTRODUCTION OF OUR NEW TEAM MEMBER:
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce Dr. Nicole Fried, new case manager for the Nova Elementary program, located in Emerson. Dr. Fried has worked as a School Psychologist for the past 13 years in a variety of educational settings and is happy to call Bergen County Special Services her new home. With a degree in School/Child Clinical Psychology, Dr. Fried is excited to bring her experience with students with emotional and behavioral needs to the Nova Program.
I would like to invite you to learn more about the program by contacting Dr. Fried. She would be happy to meet with you here in Emerson for a tour of our program or attend your next CST meeting. Please call her at 201-343-6000, ext 5804 to speak with her. We look forward to hearing from you.
Located in Emerson, New Jersey at the Patrick M. Villano Elementary School, the NOVA Elementary Program utilizes a number of strategies and tools to bring high-interest academic activities to our students. All of our teachers are Highly Qualified Teachers (HQT). Our highly-trained, experienced staff creates a nurturing and supportive environment in a semi-contained setting.
• Educates students in grades three through six;
• Prepares students to function successfully in a mainstream school setting;
• Provides an emotionally safe and secure structured environment;
• Maintains a low student/staff ratio, and;
• Offers students mainstream opportunities in a general education setting.
Our Services include:
• Behavior management system;
• IEP-driven curriculum;
• Participation in PARCC testing;
• Support services;
• Community Circle Meeting;
• School-based counseling;
• Close parent/school communication;
We are firmly rooted in the commitment to provide an environment where students can experience success and ultimately transition to become productive and self-supporting citizens.Read more: NOVA Elementary