Message from the Principal
N. A. Bleshman Regional Day School
I am most pleased to report that our programming was highlighted at the taping for the television program, Classroom Close-up, NJ which is produced by the New Jersey Education Association (NJEA). Classroom Close-up is a television program that features innovative projects in New Jersey Public Schools. Highlights include our Career Awareness Center whereby our students create, edit, produce and market greeting cards.
Air dates for our segment will be June 21, 27 and 28 and July 4. Classroom Close-up, NJ is televised on Sunday at 7:30 am, 12:30 pm and 7:30 pm and Saturday at 5:30 am.
Please note photos from this segment are on the bottom of our web page.
At Bleshman, we continue to provide a comprehensive school program to students ages three through twenty-one with cognitive and/or physical disabilities. Programming offers an exciting academic/functional/career-based curriculum that includes an integrated therapy approach to instruction. All instruction will also be aligned to the New Jersey Core Curriculum Standards. Community-based instruction will allow students to achieve exposure to workplace skills as well as aspects of industry.
We look forward to an exciting year filled with academic, cultural, social and therapeutic events and activities. Please check back for program updates throughout the school year.
1. If you are looking for a job, call: The New Jersey Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS) - (201) 996-8970 or (201) 487-6348; The Bergen ONE-STOP Career Center - (201) 329-9600; or Project Hire - (973) 340-9993.
2. If you need housing, respite, or voucher money, call The New Jersey Division of Disabilities (DDD) - (201) 336-6500.
3. If you need money because of your disability, you may be able to get Supplemental Security Income. For information, call 1-800-772-1213 or visit http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssi/index.htm
4. If you need help with medical insurance, call Medicaid at the Board of Social Services - (201) 368-4200.
5. If you need help because of your disability, or with living arrangements, contact Heightened Independence and Progress (HIP) at (201) 996-9100 or visit their website at http://www.hipcil.org/Programs.aspx?CIL=0
6. If you need help in general, call the Bergen County Office on Disability Services at (201) 336-6500.
7. If you need help with transportation call: Access Link at 1-800-955-ADA1 (2321) or (TTY 1-800-955-6765), or visit http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=AccessLinkTo; or Bergen County Office on Transportation at (201) 368-5955 or visit their website at http://www.co.bergen.nj.us/bcdhs/divisions/transportation.htm.
8. New Jersey Protection and Advocacy, Inc. (NJP&A) is the consumer-directed, non-profit organization that serves as New Jersey's designated protection and advocacy system for people with disabilities in the state. In partnership with individuals with disabilities and their families, NJP&A works to protect and advance the rights of people with disabilities. NJP&A provides information and referral and a broad range of advocacy services, including legal representation in numerous cases in state and federal courts.
New Jersey Protection and Advocacy, Inc.
210 South Broad Street, 3rd Floor
Trenton, New Jersey 08608
(609) 292-9742 or (800) 922-7233 in NJ Only
(609) 777-0187 (Fax)
(609) 633-7106 (TTY)